It used to be that “outdoor cooking” meant simply throwing your food on a barbecue or fire pit. Thanks to the increase in popularity of outdoor living and especially outdoor cooking over the past decade, there are now many great choices for complete outdoor kitchens. At Watson Supply, we have everything you need to create a custom outdoor kitchen that fits your needs perfectly.
When you’re in your backyard enjoying the fresh air and sunshine, the last thing you want to do is go inside to prepare a meal. It’s no fun to be running in and out of the house, taking care of food preparation away from your guests. Create a functional outdoor kitchen that keeps everyone together and allows you to enjoy your outdoor living space more than ever.
The Right Equipment Makes All the Difference
The key to building an outdoor kitchen is including all of the cooking and food preparation equipment you love. While a traditional barbecue is handy in a pinch, a large, professional-style grille is the way to go for maximum outdoor eating enjoyment. Make a list of all of the different equipment you’d like to install in your outdoor kitchen:
- Different cooking surfaces, such as grilles, ovens, pizza ovens and burners are available, depending on the type of cooking you like to do. Think about the types of food you like to prepare and plan a cooking centre that lets you explore your inner chef! Select a variety of interchangeable grilles for maximum flexibility.
- A fireplace can make a great addition to an outdoor kitchen. Many can be used with a grill to warm food or cook things like hotdogs and marshmallows, and a fireplace creates an inviting atmosphere to keep your guests warm in the spring, fall and during cool summer evenings.
- A sink and running water turns your outdoor cooking space into a real kitchen. When you’re preparing your food outside, it’s a hassle to have to run inside to wash or get water. A well-planned outdoor sink can easily be winterized when the cold weather comes, and reopened in the spring.
Once you know what equipment you want in your outdoor kitchen, you also have to think about how you’re going to build and install it. That’s where our design experts at Watson Supply can really lend a helping hand. We have the experience and product and materials knowledge to help you plan and build the perfect custom kitchen.
We’ll sit down with you and help you select things like your kitchen layout, patio and walkway pavers, electricity, lighting, ventilation and storage to ensure your outdoor kitchen is as convenient and practical as your indoor kitchen. With our experience, we can help you optimize these points:
- Layout: Just like with like your indoor kitchen, your outdoor kitchen should be arranged in an efficient, easy-to-use pattern. Some customers even like to mimic their indoor kitchen layout so that they feel right at home cooking outside.
- Pavers: Pavers and walkways can help visually separate your kitchen from the rest of your outdoor living space. This is especially useful if you entertain a lot and want to show off your dedicated outdoor kitchen area or create an adjacent eating area.
- Lighting: Adequate lighting in your outdoor space, especially in your kitchen area, makes a big difference. When you have the right lighting, it’s as easy as cooking indoors. The easier you can see, the more you’ll be inspired to spend more time outdoors, cooking and entertaining.
- Ventilation: You might think since you’re outdoors, ventilation won’t be a problem. However, depending on where you install your outdoor kitchen, the grills, cooktops or ovens can direct smoke and odors into your house. Think about placing them so they ventilate away from your home.
- Storage: There never seems to be enough space to store all of the things we need for our kitchen, inside or out! Integrate storage spaces such as cupboards, drawers, bins and closets so that you have all the space you need in your outdoor kitchen.
Trust Watson Supply with Your Outdoor Kitchen
Our outdoor materials are designed to withstand the wear and tear of your family and the elements, so you can enjoy your high-end outdoor kitchen for years. It doesn’t matter if you’re planning to do a DIY installation or require the help of a contractor. We can help you choose the equipment and materials and even put you in contact with a local contractor with the experience and reputation to take care of your installation.
Our entire team at Watson Supply looks forward to hearing from you and helping you create the ultimate outdoor kitchen. Before you know it, you’ll be grilling your favorite foods to perfection all while enjoying the great outdoors!